Wednesday, February 29, 2012


I've never gotten around to writing about how much I like my job. I've been working my ass off and I'm tired, but fulfilled.

Monday was day one of our big system conversion to the program I went to Sioux Falls to learn about.  I went in Saturday until midnight to help get things ready. Everything so far in our loans department is going smoothly.

The deposits department is a different story. 

I know there was no way to fully predict what might not work, but holy shit, I don't think anyone was expecting the chaos we've been having for the past few days. All departments have been trying to filter customer service calls because the queues are filled to capacity and no one can get through for help. It feels good to do CS calls, it's been over a year since I moved to the loans department. Most of the customers I helped were understanding, but there were a few that tested my composure. Poor Denise(my boss) was so overwhelmed she bursted into tears and was sent home early. It has been frustrating and I can feel the tension in my shoulders, but I love my job. I made cookies to take tomorrow. It helped me relieve some stress and everyone deserves a treat for all of their hard work.

I like to wear my Guatemalan apron
Today the Health Department called to see if I wanted to come for an interview for a Health Educator position, I declined, my loyalty is to TAB-they treat me good.  I want the health education experience, but it's not something that is going to work for me right now. I just got accepted into graduate school, Weber's Masters of Professional Communication program. I'm not quite sure where I want to take myself, the major is broad which allows each student to choose their focus. My thoughts are to either continue with health education or do something relating to business. Along with my acceptance letter came two assignments. What a wonderful way to welcome us.

My weekend was busy. I got off at about 6:00 PM on Friday and went over to the hospital to see Angel's new baby. While I was there Stela texted me that she was at the hospital with her baby because he had RSV. Same hospital, so I told her I'd meet her in a bit. I kind of felt in the way, but I just wanted to check on her and the baby. I'm still not past my dislike for Aaron, but from what I see he's a great dad who loves his kids. He also had a Jazz hat on so that's a step in the right direction ha ha.  They're out of the hospital and he's doing better.

So sad, makes me not want kids. He had his mocos sucked out and an IV put in. 
I left the hospital about 8:00 PM to get ready for my date with Ashely. She was supposed to take me to Andy's to eat greek, but we ended up at the Copper Club.  There was a lot of diversity at the club, from cowboys to gangstas, maybe because options are limited in O-town. I saw plenty of familiar faces. It was my first time there and I liked it.

While I was at the hospital I got a call from AGP who was drunk and could possibly need a ride. I never heard from him again. I saw a post on FB from his friend trying to raise money to get him out of jail. This is his second time in about a month. He's screwed! I ignored his calls all night and the next day, pretty tired of trying to help. Still love him though.

Finally went to bed around 3:00 AM then woke up at 9:00 AM for breakfast with my grandparents. We went to Dee's. Yum! Yum!

I went to Yoga at 11:00 AM and then stopped by to visit Kiki & Family.

3:00 PM I had sushi with Taylor & Amanda, friends from jr high/high school.  It was a good time, but not enough time, I had to be to work by 5:00 PM until midnight.

I've had way too busy of a schedule so Sunday I didn't leave the house. I slept until 3:00 PM then just lounged around catching up on Pretty Little Liars.

Now I just need to get past week 1 of the conversion, look how messy my desk is. Full of sticky notes.

Just a few more things...  

I celebrated Fat Tuesday with Sarah. We went out for ice cream at Farr's Fresh, where you pay by the ounce. I thought it was so funny when I asked Sarah why she didn't fill her cup up, she said because she didn't want me to have to pay to much, OK sure I'll pay! LOL 

I've seen chairs like this around work and of course no one wants to sit on them because it looks liked they've been pissed on. 
Well I now have a pee chair. The ice pack I had on my back leaked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment