Thursday, November 15, 2012

My 100th Post

Today was the day for our quarterly bonuses at work. My last one wasn't exceptionally great, so I wasn't expecting anything different this quarter, especially because there was talk that it was going to be even less due to some fraudulent activity that occurred. I really think the rumor was more of a scare tactic, but who knows. Anyway, we all got emails this morning linking us to our online pay statement. I logged on, but quickly exited without checking the statement. I am the type of person who likes to be surprised. I was the child that didn't want to peeked at my Christmas present. 

To make the day special we got to wear jeans and meet in the conference room for donuts, fruit and our checks. My boss was prepared with sincere appreciation and stats for how well our department performed this quarter. Little things like that make me admire the man. 

Things have been different with our finances since Jose got laid off for the winter. We expected an unemployment check, but come to find out he isn't eligible until January. We'll make it on my income and rental income, but this time of year we tend to spend more durning the holidays. I've continued to set aside tuition money, travel money for Thanksgiving in Cali, money for tires, and money for Jose's birthday so that doesn't leave much for our first world luxuries which mostly include lunch and theater popcorn + movie tickets. 

I opened that check and felt blessed and relieved. I know I shouldn't worry about money so much, I'm glad Jose helps me understand that. Now I'm ready for a little Christmas shopping. Both sides of my family decided to draw names this year. I can't wait to see who I get and of course I don't want to know who gets me because I look forward to the surprise. 

Thanks for reading my 100th post.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on your 100 post...and on ANY bonus you get...times are definitely tough...
    I never peeked at Christmas presents either....
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading momto8, I look forward to following you.

      Delete