Sunday, July 8, 2012

Birthday Wishes Through The Mail

I don't know about you, but I enjoy receiving something fun in the mail. With our fast paced forms of communication it's easy to post a birthday wish or send a quick text, but when it comes to the special people in my life I like to send them something in the  mail. 

I have nieces and a nephew in another state and we miss out on being there to celebrate their birthdays. I want them to remember that they have and aunt and uncle who adore them and enjoy watching them grow into smart, good-looking, funny people. 

Our oldest niece, Leilannie turned 14 in May. I remember being fourteen in 2002. That was one of my funnest adolescent years. When I hear songs that came out that year I drift back to that summer and all of the fun times. I remember that was around the time my mom stopped going to church, hard to believe it's been 10 years. I think since she stopped she was a little more lenient and open-minded. I was finally allowed to hang out with friends. I loved all of my junior high friends and even had my first little boyfriend ha ha. 

*SNAP*SNAP*
Okay back to the present. I struggle with b-day gifts, but I remember Lani liked my no-show socks from Journeys so we sent her a couple packs and some money. 


Check out this awesome girl!


Next up is Jimmy. He is the sweetest, happiest, easy-going boy I've met. I only hope my kids are as enjoyable. Here's the cool dude with the big birthday card we sent him.



The most recent one was sent out to an old friend. We don't talk anymore, but I wanted her to know I still think of her. This was totally passive of me, I didn't even sign my name. That's one thing about being best friends though, you know each other's dislikes. She has some kind of issue with multiple eyes and she knows what gives me the creeps. I glued each eye on just for her. We've always gone back and forth tormenting each other like this. I'm not looking forward to what's in store for me.  


I know takes a little more time and effort to send something by mail than it does posting on Facebook, but I really enjoy sending and receive correspondence the old way. 

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I enjoy receiving things sent to me the old fashioned way as well. There's something about receiving something tangible vs receiving something sent electronically. Receiving that physical item seems more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck is wrong with your mom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hush, it was for the best. I hope you weren't offended, but it's my memory that I want to preserve.

      Delete