Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Journal Time

Today has been a day of lessons and good times. This is definitely a journal entry type of post.

For the past few weeks I have been dealing with a salesman that wants to control every last detail. I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way. You bring me the deal, it gets approved, and you get the hell out of the way. OHH no, he wants to come up with checklists for how this deal will work. I'm sorry but this is what we do and what we do has worked for years. We don't' need 50 emails about a revised checklist.

So I'd say today was the 2nd time I got annoyed with him to the point that I was a little rude. So what I cc: the customer on the question she asked. It saves time from me telling you, who then has to tell her. No need for a middleman, that's how things get confused.

After I knew he was pissed I decided I better let my boss know before he let her know. I started thinking about an earlier event in the week where we honored a woman who has been with our company for 25 years. All of her former bosses went on and on about how she has always shown professionalism in the workplace. My attitude today did not reflect professionalism and I told my boss my thoughts about how I felt like I failed in that aspect and should probably just answer the salesman's questions without having an attitude.

Don't know why I let it stress me out so much.

To de-stress I went to the gym and did day 15 of Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer. Today the workout switched up and kicked my butt. To relax I went to the pool afterward. It was my first time and WSU's pool.

After the workout I was starving. I invited my brother to Wing Nutz where we had the special, 20 Southern Hottie wings and a pitcher of Bud Light. I had a good time with him, but poor him, he had to listen to me rant. I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment