Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dinner After Taxes

Our taxes are done. We thought we would owe since Jose was paid on a 1099, where they don't take taxes out of your earnings. We were setting aside 25% of his check that would go towards taxes. It was surprisingly positive news though, we got a nice return, plus all the money we had saved up. We treated ourselves to a dinner date at Two-Bit Street after hearing the good news.

It's hard not to go spend crazy, we already have a big list of all the things we want to do with the money, but there must be something wrong with me because I feel so guilty spending it. I remind myself of  my grandma, who grew up in the depression, she has the money now but won't spend it. Blahhh, I shouldn't let it take over too much of my thoughts, because remember my new years lifestyle change for 2013 was to not make money such a big deal. It comes and goes...I just like being smart about it. Control freak! 

No comments:

Post a Comment