Friday, June 20, 2014

Cherries

Fresh cherries are a favorite of mine. They're sweet, have an amazing texture, and remind me of my childhood. When I was younger my uncle, who worked in the Brigham orchards, would bring us buckets of cherries. It was a great summer snack. Since then, eating cherries has been a more conscious act because they're quite pricey. 

When my husband and his family moved to Utah about 10 years ago he planted a $5 cherry tree in his parents' yard. This is the first year it's given really good fruit. The credit goes to his dad for taking care of the tree by keeping the birds and bugs at bay. We stopped by and picked at least 4 pounds of the beautiful, sweet fruit. More than enough to share with my grandpa and Jose's co-workers. 




Scarecrow


No comments:

Post a Comment