Friday, July 25, 2014

Pioneer Day

It's such a nice feeling to get paid while not actually working. I spent quality time with a lot of loved ones, doing nothing traditional. 

My grandparents have their daily routine which usually starts with breakfast at McDonald's. I wanted to take them somewhere different so we stepped out of their comfort zone and went to Chick-Fil-A. Gramps tried a sausage burrito, Grandma got a bacon and egg biscuit and I passed out a chicken-mini to each of them. They didn't get their coffee very quickly so that may have discouraged them, but overall they liked it and we had a good time. 




The next part of the routine is to get a little physical activity in. My grandpo goes for a walk daily. I'm so amazed with how he sees the benefits of walking and feels good physically and mentally. We walked on the Centennail Trail. Check out this little video I threw together. 




After our 2 mile walk we went back to my house to cool off with some popsicles. 




Later on I stopped to visit my parents and watch a movie with my mom and younger cousin, Jade. My mom popped popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag, drizzled the popcorn with butter and added a sprinkle of salt. It was impressive, I could've eaten two more bowls full. 

After visiting my parents I headed to pick up my niece and nephew. We got to my house, and because I'm a car seat nerd, I worked on their seats for a bit, untwisting straps and getting everything back in order. While I worked, they ate popsicles. Then we headed to downtown Ogden to play at the park, walk 25th street and eat at Lucky Slice. 











I had a wide range of experiences today, from hanging with older souls to hanging with kiddies. Two totally different, but wonderful age groups that show different perception of the world around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment