Saturday, June 30, 2012

No Plans=A Productive Day

I had no plans at all today. Last night I did the two chores on my to do list so I felt at ease. I woke up fairly early for a Saturday, especially because I didn't have to wake up at 8:30 am. Since it was early I decided to get a bike ride in before the day got hot. I rode down to 25th street to see if they had started doing the farmer's market. Nope, so I just rode around aimlessly. Which was fine. I wanted to eat brunch at Slackwater Pub and Pizzeria, but they didn't open until 11 am. Which is probably a good thing, I have plenty of food at home and shouldn't be out wasting $12 on brunch.




After my bike ride I made ceviche de jaiba. It was really good. I could have kept eating, but I had to stop after 5. I also had a cup cake. My favorite cake is yellow with chocolate frosting. 



I started working on planning our  free  cruise. Please don't ever believe that shit. NOTHING, NOTHING is free.

Then I wandered around by car this time. I went to deposit a check at Kent's Market and bought some pop because now is the time to stock up while it's on sale for the holiday. After that I drove to my mom's house. Lately I've been looking for houses out in the country and ended up driving around the parking lot of my old elementary.

My mom was sweet, she loves by feeding so she made me food. Then I visited with my grandparents which included giving my grandpa a lesson on how to use is iPad and cutting my grandma's toenails.

shrimp scampi, bread, salad

I cleaned my carpets and now here I am messing around online. What a nice day, no plans, but fairly productive.


No comments:

Post a Comment