Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Count Down to Washington D.C.

In one week I'll be on my way to Washington D.C. for the Safe Kids Worldwide Childhood Injury Prevention Conference.  I am not very patriotic, but just knowing I'll be in the same area as President Obama and in a place that holds so much of America's history has me excited. I've scheduled my flight home one day after the conference so I have additional time to explore. Never did I imagine I'd be making it back to the east coast so soon. 

Here's how it went down. I got a call last week from Jann, the injury prevention coordinator who introduced me to the world of child passenger safety. She mentioned the conference and said I should try to go because I would learn a ton that would benefit me in my career. I took the idea to my boss and before I could finish pitching the idea she was on the phone trying to get it approved. It came down to her saying that she is pleased with my work and expects me to stick around for awhile.

Leave me a comment with suggestions of what I should see and do while in D.C. 


No comments:

Post a Comment