Sunday, June 30, 2013

Partying in D.C.

One of my favorite things about the Safe Kids conference was that there was a lot of fun after working all day.

For the 25th anniversary party we had the hotel club, Pose, up on the 18th floor all to ourselves for cocktails and meeting new people.  There was a pasta bar, a chocolate fountain a specialty drink called the safe-tini. I met some crazy/fun ladies that still wanted to go party after the party, but I was done for the night. I wish I would've gotten a picture of myself after I was ready, but all I have is this one of me getting ready. 

View from the club's balcony

Safe-tini
I was going for big poofy hair

Friday night there was BBQ on the pier and a DJ that had everyone up and dancing, even the President/CEO. It was comforting to see so many people letting loose and having a drink. 




Dancing at the BBQ got me and my new Arizona friends in the mood to go out. We went to The Park, which is supposed to be the best club in D.C. I don't go to clubs outside of the Ogden/Clearfield area so my expectations of this place were way off. I'm used to a club that has couches, space to hang out with friends, and a dance floor for dancing with all your girlfriends. It was nothing like that, chairs were only for VIP and you couldn't walk through without 10 guys all up on you. My favorite part was seeing all the cute outfits and shoes people were wearing. I was very underdressed, again I am used to Utah clubs. 


On the cab ride home from The Park we saw a car on fire on the side of the interstate. 




No comments:

Post a Comment