Monday, December 2, 2013

Co-Worker Dinner

The feasting and partying continued on Saturday night with a co-worker dinner at Tiffany's house. We had pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw, salad, baked rice, macaroni & cheese, and dessert. 



It was fun to meet everyone's spouses, and even funnier joking around with them that we all know everything about the husbands, like when they have to sleep on the couch. 





We played Battle of the Sexes and of course we let the guys win. 





I was a little nervous at first because I am newest to the group and wouldn't really say I'm friends with any of them. I've always been cautioned about being "friends" with your co-workers. However, maybe it depends on the type of work you do. My best friends are people I've previously worked with. My husband is cool with all of his co-works and that's one reason he really likes his job.  Some of the more seasoned people at my work have said their funnest time was when they were young and had a tight group. Since you spend 40 hours a week with these people you're bound to form some type of bond, so I'm okay with just letting it flow. I know I won't be confiding in them 100% and putting all of my business out there, I have my girlfriends for that, but I do believe we all have something to learn from each other and I don't want to pass up the chance to connect with them. 

What are your thoughts on co-work friendships? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment