Sunday, March 18, 2012

March #11-14

Hey ya'll it's been awhile. This is a catch up on my March photos. Somedays I didn't stick to the topic, so I'll show what I've got from that day.

#11
Someone You Talked To Today

My grandparents usually invite me to breakfast on Saturday. This Saturday I said no, because I was feeling lazy. I called them right back and said yes, because I never know how many more breakfasts I'll get to have with them. I don't want to miss out. 

#12
Fork

So there is no fork in this pic, but this story is more meaningful than a fork. My bro and I did a 9 mile bike ride today. Mondays we have dinner together so here's what we made, chicken souvlaki, greek brown rice, and pita bread. 

#13
A Sign

I got a book in the mail today and found this inside the front cover. It made me laugh and then think about the books I've lent out that never found their way back. 

#14
Clouds

Again, nothing to do with the topic, unless you get creative and think that his shirt could relate to clouds, blah, blah, blah.  I had to take a pic of Jose because he looks so good. We went to visit his brother David at Millcreek Youth Detention Center. I finally got approval to visit so I have been going to see David weekly for the past 5 weeks. Jose has been able to go twice. He should be getting out in May. He's been there for about 20 months. It frustrates me that no one goes to visit him regularly. It breaks my heart at the end of each session they way he asks if I can come back next week. "I'll be here bro." I think he really needs a strong support system in and out of these programs he's been in for the past 3 years. I hope that when he gets out Jose and I can continue to be positive role models. 



No comments:

Post a Comment