Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Plasma

This weekend Jose and I went with my brother to donate plasma. Bro gets $50 a referral so we figured we’d earn an extra $95 each and he could get $100. If anyone would like to be my referral I could use an extra $50.


As I sat across the room staring at my handsome husband I wondered if we didn’t know each other and we happened to cross paths in that facility would we approach each other, would we go on a date, would we marry? Are we soul mates that were destined to find each other? I don’t believe in soul mates, he does.  

Donating plasma wasn’t so bad; it hurt more than donating blood. I haven’t decided if I want to continue. Depending on our financial situation it might be a good idea and extra Christmas money is always good. I felt like it was very time consuming and I barely have enough time to get my normal tasks done. In reality I waste a lot of time on the computer and watching TV so why not be more proactive and donate, make money, and work on homework.

Jose had an allergic reaction to something while donating. I was across the room and saw five techs gathered around him fanning him, propping his legs up, and ripping out the line. I was scared because I didn’t know what was going on. I felt helpless not being able to be by his side.  He said his hands cramped up and his wrists felt like they were going to snap. When we got home his back was itchy and full of welts. He has to speak with the doctor on Friday. Maybe he just shouldn’t go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment