Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sweet Things

Jose and I used to do odd jobs for extra income. The contracting company called me the other day that they were in need of five people to help remodel a Family Dollar. I wanted the extra money, but it wouldn't work out with my schedule. I know a guy who has been trying hard to find a job, but hasn't had any luck. I gave him their number and he did the job. From what I hear he's going to continue on with them. I'm really happy it worked out for him. It was really sweet of him to thank me with a rose, card, and some cash to "buy a soda," he wrote.


I got to spend a little time with my mom and Virginia. We had soup in bread bowls and cherry pie.  I appreciate that they listened to my work drama as they sighed with relief that they no longer have to put up with the bullshit. Lucky them they both put 30 years in and retired.


Pie from Sandy's

My mom


La Novelera

One more sweet thing from this week was dinner with my brother. He's such a good cook. 



No comments:

Post a Comment