Monday, January 28, 2013

Share the Love & the Food


I’m surrounded by wonderful women who cook up delicious meals with love and share them.
My Sunday morning started with a drop off from my mother-in-law. She made barbacoa for church and set aside some for us. It was perfect with my eggs. 
Our second meal of the day was over at my mom’s friend, Virigina's, house. She recently started cooking and is doing an amazing job preparing meals and hosting guests.





 I got to see my Tia Chelo, Tio Nacho, Sophee, Keisha, and Nene two days in a row. We had a fun time playing loteria.
Then Virginia busted out la medicina and we had a nice chat. I love hearing consejos from older people, whether I agree with them or not, I like hearing about their experiences and perspective on life. 

It snowed big, fat, beautiful flakes so while Jose cleaned the snow I cleaned inside. It was the best way to end the weekend—clean house, plowed driveway, full belly, amazing husband, and an annoyingly, loveable cat. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing :)

    I miss my big ol' Mexican family, now that I'm stuck on an island without them.

    ReplyDelete