Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Weekend Recap

It was one of those nice weekends that made me feel rejuvenated enough to take on another week.
Friday I went to a Zumba fundraiser for the autistic school I mentioned working for in my last post. The weather was horrible that night so the turn out wasn’t as great as the year before. It was my first time trying Zumba because I didn’t want to give into the hype.  I was amazed with the instructors’ dancing skills, I could’ve watch for hours if it didn’t make me look like a creep. My dancing skills are negligible. I overheard some woman saying she didn’t get the last routine because she’s not Latin, let me tell you, I’m Latina and couldn’t even get it. Overall I had a lot of fun and loved feeling the pain in my legs.

If you’d like to donate to the Northern Utah Autism Program you can do so through Paypal

Saturday morning we didn’t sleep in until noon like usual, instead we woke up early to go work play in the snow.
Piled High
Jose was plowing the neighbors walk and he invited him over for tequila shot. He wouldn't take no for an answer. He shared that his wife was diagnosed with cancer and given two weeks to live. She's been using herbal remedies and has passed that two week mark. I felt really bad that I didn't even know she was ill. Jose and I talked about how hard it would be knowing your spouse doesn't have much longer. I don't know what to do or say to the neighbors, but I feel like I should do something.
My grandpo clearing the way so my grandma could get in the house. 


We started Lost on Netflix and watched the whole first season, 23 episodes. It was nice to relax, but the laziness got to me. I felt so unproductive so I got the drive to go grocery shopping, pack my snacks for the week, clean out the fridge and put my Christmas tree away just so I wouldn't feel like the whole day was a waste. 

Have a good week! 

1 comment:

  1. I think it'd be better to know you have a time limit with your spouse than for them to just be taken suddenly and unexpectedly. I don't know though. Just speculating.

    Also, I just tried Zumba for the first time last week and it was ridiculously hard! I also felt kind of like a total goofball.

    ReplyDelete