Thursday, January 12, 2012

Gratitude Blurb

When I woke up this morning the day didn't feel any different, just another day, but there was no denying how happy and grateful I was feeling. So much happened the day before that the joy carried over. Each day should be like this.

Yesterday they laid Officer Jared Francom to rest after being one of seven shot (including the victim) last Wednesday. All morning co-workers were abuzz as the procession was going to be passing in front of our building. I personally thought everyone was making way too big of a deal about the whole situation. First of all because we don't exactly know what happened, we only know what the media is allowing us to know. Second, I have pride in my city and winced at the negative attention it was getting from the confrontation last week.

I lined up on the side walk along with many others as the motorcycle brigade passed. Next came the fire truck carrying Officer Francom, followed by his wife and daughters, then I felt why this was so important.  Many feel it's important to honor all of those who serve and protect us, which is fine, but as I looked in the car I didn't care about public service, my heart was only concerned for Mrs. Francom and the two little girls who were left behind.


____________

I was able to have dinner with my parents and grandparents. I am forever thankful for the time I get to spend with them. 

I had a chance to make-up with an old friend. It was long overdue that we mend the tension between us. It feels so relieving to know that we have agreed to not have any expectations other than just knowing that we support each. 

I ended the evening by visiting my sister-in-law and her children. 

Here's a pic of Stela's cute babies.

 I went over around 7:30 PM and planned to be home by 10:00 PM at the latest. When I looked down at my watch I couldn't believe it was 12:30 AM.  She's that friend I can have little contact with for a long time and then get together and pick right up like no time has passed. Sometimes it just feels good to listen and have someone listen. 

Why we can be friends.

Here's a video I watched today that has a powerful message and reinforced the gratitude I was feeling today. 



Much love and thank you for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment