Monday, January 9, 2012

Grocery Shopping

I don't know about you, but I try to hold out as long as I can before I have to go grocery shopping. I think the main reason I dislike it so much is because it's expensive.

Here are a few signs that it was time to go to the grocery store.  Here goes a little advertising for the things I like.

 I was home alone and for an easy dinner I was in the mood for chili beans. I usually have 3 cans on hand, but I didn't have any.  I had to ask my neighbor, who didn't have any either. BTW, my neighbor is my brother so it wasn't a strange request.

Last night I was craving pancakes. My cousin Tiffany gave me this pancake/waffle mix for Christmas so I was excited to try it. Well, NO milk!

Those are the most significant moments I can remember, but I know there were times when I wanted to eat and had no soup, fresh veggies, tortillas, or bread. Thanks to my parent's chickens I had eggs. 

Since Jose is around less I don't have to cook very often. I miss cooking! Wednesday my brother invited me over for dinner which was such a treat because he's a damn good cook.  Sunday and some week nights I eat with my parents and grandparents, which is always fun to visit with them. 


Jose sent me the myShopi app. I joke with him that he was trying to give me a hint that I needed to go grocery shopping. So far it's one of the best grocery list apps I've used. Check it out. 

One thing I took for granted was grocery shopping with my husband. I used to hate going to Walmart with him because I'm the type of person who makes a list, gets in and gets out. Well not Jose, he prefers to wander and explore. We end up buying what I think are unnecessary items. 

Today we finally got to grocery shop. I enjoyed and appreciate the time we got to spend together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment