Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving At The Perea's

We didn't end up making it to California for Thanksgiving. I was really looking forward to spending time with the Angulo's but plans changed since my in-laws are working on finishing their basement for Christmas guests. Jose and I considered going anyway, but since we'll be going in two weeks for Jose's birthday we decided to combine the Thanksgiving travel money and Jose's birthday trip money into one big pot so we can celebrate his birthday right. 

I quickly got over the disappointment when I realized I would get to spend Thanksgiving in Utah with my Perea family. I've spent more Thanksgivings away from my parents than with them and almost always because I was in California. When I was younger it was for convention and now that I'm older it's been with Jose' family. 


One of my most treasured things is having family dinner. All of the usuals were invited(Kiki, Nene, Sophee, Keisha, grandparents, parents, Bro, Randy & family), we were missing Kik's wife and kids because they're in Mexico visiting her family. 



This Thanksgiving my uncle Tommy and his family came to dinner. They've grown by two son-in-laws and two babies on the way, both due in May. As I mentioned when I was younger I used to spend a lot of Thanksgivings in California for convention and this was the family I spent them with. It was nice to be with them for another Thanksgiving, this time at home rather than Del Taco. 

Rachel, Stella, & Stephanie
The son-in-laws Daniel & Marcelo
I felt like it was a little awkward and quiet at first, but once my grandpa saw all of the bottles coming through the front door he started ripping into us 3.2's, as he likes to call us. My mom makes everyone go around the table and say what they're thankful for. Jose hates it and warned me that he'd leave as soon as she started it. Jose did such a good job and is thankful for his wife and favorite suegro. I loved hearing from everyone and what they are thankful for. Just about everyone said family, but I wanted to switch it up. I am thankful for my family, but I'm really thankful to have a job, because there are several in my family that have recently lost their jobs
Me and my dad
Kiki & Brother
We stayed at my mom's from 1-9:30 PM. It was a long time, but a lot of fun. I'm happy we were able to get together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment