Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Jose's 26th Birthday in LA


For Jose’s 26th birthday we went to the Jazz vs. Lakers game at the Staples Center. We checked the rules online and it said no cameras so we left them in the car. We didn't want to get all the way to the door and then have to turn around and return them if they said no, so the pictures of the evening aren't the best quality.

Jose and his niece Lani
Jose and his cousin Bobby
The Jazz were up pretty much the whole time. I was thankful for this because it kept the others quiet enough. I always get nervous in the 4th quarter because they put Kobe in and he wraps up the game, but that didn't happen this time. Jazz came out victorious, 117-110. I think it would've made for a nicer birthday if the Lakers would've won, but I’m selfish and would rather not be taunted, so I’m glad they lost.
After the game we went out to look at the statues of talented athletes. Somehow, Jose and his partner in crime got “lost,” didn't know where we all went, so the most logical thing for them was to wander off and look for us at the outdoor ice skating rink. Bunch of bullshit if you ask me, but it was his birthday so I was ignoring my perception of appropriate behavior.


We called them to come back, but just got hung up on us. There is no reasoning with drunk people. We needed to go because there was school the next morning and kids needed to be picked up from babysitters. All of a sudden one of us said enough of this shit and threw down their hot dog and charged (seriously) after them. When the two wanders were found they also got their hot dogs knocked on the ground and were brought back to the car in less than 10 minutes. This was the funniest thing I've seen. I seriously wish I had the balls, but I care too much about my appearance to show my crazy side in public.
Eating our Street Dogs
We stopped at a Korean BBQ place that was pretty cool. I've never had a dining experience like it. They bring you different types of raw meat that you cook at your table. They had karaoke booths and huge TV screens playing Korean music videos. All of the artists in the videos were so pretty and 5 seemed to be the most common number of group members.


Overall it was a really fun birthday celebration. I hope my husband enjoyed it. 


1 comment: