Thursday, December 27, 2012

Stormy Christmas

This Christmas was unlike any I've experienced so far. We did the usual Christmas Eve dinner at The Vigil's, Christmas Eve at the Angulo's, and Christmas morning at the Perea's. I've hardly understood why my parent's siblings can't come together anymore for Christmas, but I'm starting to see it among my own generation. I've always imagined that a bond between brothers and sisters could not be broken, but this season three of our siblings weren't fully present. I think it sucked, but I tried to stay focused on enjoying those who were there. I wish I could see what lessons we're supposed to be learning or the outcome of all of these emotions. Oh the joys of constantly changing and growing. One thing I've observed is talking about an issue is much more productive than going on for years assuming or ignoring it. Check back in years to see if I've changed my mind. 

I didn't take as many pictures as usual this year, instead I did video clips that I want to use to make a video of this Christmas. When I finish it I'll share it with you all.

Here are a few of my favorite Christmas memories of 2012.
My youngest niece & nephew
Shredding meat for tamales
Christmas Eve at the Angulo's. The kids couldn't wait until midnight so we opened presents around 11 pm.

My mom and grandma Christmas morning
Hey look, my brother made it after all. We worked around his work release schedule so we did Christmas at 6 am.
Sledding
Jimmy & Leah
Angulo girls minus Leah who was mad at Janeece for taking her ball
With this last picture I just want to take the time to talk about how sweet my man is. We don't usually buy each other gifts, but he drew my name so he gave me my gift along with an expression that I deserve so much more. Then he woke up at 5:30 am on Christmas morning so we could get to my mom's to spend Christmas with my brother. Then after a nap we went back to my parent's house for dinner. I appreciate him being so funny and inappropriately entertaining. He even put up with our sit around the table family fights(discussions).

No comments:

Post a Comment